LifeWatch USA - Junk just trash

Additional Services
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Layout of Store
Prescription Services

This monitor is junk. It doesnt work and when you have an event it take the thing 20 minutes to respond to your pushing the buttons.

20 minutes. No one lets you know anything about the event. I ran out of connectors and called they said 2 days well day 9 and guess what i dont have. Called because i know its not recording right the person on the line had a thick Speech impediment.

Said he could understand me. Im 15th Generation american and belong to debate teams as well as teach esol so my English is spot on. This thing is constantly acting very wierd one lead was off but it never read it as off when all are on you have to change them several times so it reads them on. Just a waste.

My Diagnosis depends on this machine but doesn't work. If your doctors suggested begged them to give you anything else do not use this piece of trash you could die of a heart attack and it would never record anything

LifeWatch USA - Horrible customer service and equipment.

Additional Services
Equipment Quality

Had to return unit a couple times and now have to make up 10 days. On 3rd cell phone.

At this rate It will take me 2 months to get the 30 days worth of readings in! Wakes me up at all hours of night due to contact/loss of reading issues. Electrode pads fail constantly. My skin is broken out and I have to keep shaving to get these pads to stick for more then a couple days.

Requests for additional pads go ignored. $2200 for this test and I am fighting to get the 30 days in! Stupid, Ignorant, Rude and Horrible customer service! Use someone else, Ive heard there are better companies out there.

How does a company get a 1.3 rating and stay in business? Wished I had read this before agreeing to this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifewatch Usa Medical Alert System.

LifeWatch USA - Burning, rash and itching

Biotel or Life watch Heart Monitor,

I was unable to use the heart monitor. The Glue burnt my skin and I had to return this item early to my Dr. showing my red, itchy bumpy skin to them. I have contacted the company by phone, fax and mail with no resolve. When I finally did reach them by phone (after waiting forever) I was hung up on. They continue to bill me for $800. for a device I could not even use.

Nor have they contacted my insurance for payment. Which make me wonder why they want a cash payment from me.

Very unhappy with this device and their lack of concern or customer service.

LifeWatch USA - Absolutely awful

1.3
Equipment Quality

I have had this Lifewatch heart monitor for almost two weeks and it's been traumatic. The electrodes come off all the time, my heart monitor makes beeping noises all the time, the sticky electrodes have damaged my skin and given we rashes.

I was given sensitive skin electrodes and they just fall off all the time. I tried calling LifeWatch and they can never answer the phone so on hold for hours.

My doctor wanted em to wear it for at least two weeks but I can't do it, I get no sleep and this has caused me more heartache than my palpitations. I bet it's a scam.

Product or Service Mentioned: Heart Rate Monitor.

Reason of review: Heart monitor makes beep noises for no reason, cannot reach Lifewatch.

LifeWatch USA - Poor Construction

I was advised by my doctor to wear the heart monitor device for 30 days. Both the adhesive and the gel that used for the electrodes caused me to develop a rash on my chest.

The device is completely unsanitary and should be redesigned. I followed all of the instructions regarding regular changing of the 4 stickers as well as using alcohol to clean the skin which also caused redness.

There are always annoying errors regarding the electrodes, even if they are affixed properly. The holder for the battery is very heavy and pulls your skin downwards.

Luckily I work from home and did not have to go out in public often with this thing.

Attached is a photograph. Depending on my doctor's review of the rashes and the severity, I might seek legal action.

Product or Service Mentioned: Heart Rate Monitor.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Unfortunately, this type of reaction is very common with prolonged electrode wear. In the future, using a product like Smith & Nephew SKIN-PREP Protective Wipes on your skin before attaching the electrodes will create a barrier between it and the adhesive that can reduce or eliminate any bad reactions.

LifeWatch USA - My experience has become terrible.

tried to test my system today and it says that it is not activated. i have been paying for the service for years.

electronically. so shy now dont i have it? i called to see what the problem is and i cant even get a hold of a representative. i left numerous call back messages and numbers and no one is even calling me back.

1. i want to know if i am still paying for a service that i do not have? 2. if so, why is it saying it is not activated.

i am pissed. what if i had an emergency. i live alone and am an elderly, out in the country away from everything. shame on your company for what ever you are or are not doing.

i will be calling my bank and making sure that you do not get another penny from me if you are still taking those payments. i think you are a scam company at this point.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifewatch Usa Medical Alert System.

Reason of review: unactivated while i am still a paying customer and no way to contact representitives.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Taking advantage of elderly, Unprofessional staff.

LifeWatch USA - Beware Scamming Customers

I was contacted and was told by the representative that I would not be under any obligation and no expense to me . I was talked into trying for a 30 day trial and was told in detail that all shipping cost was paid by the company even if I decided not to keep after 30 day trial.

I questioned in detail from the representative that I wanted be sure of all details and was assured that there was no problem if I decided I didn't want the product. I found out real quick that it wasn't something I would use after the first day, went the package for return shipping Label ?? there wasn't one , called several times leaving a message that I needed the label to return it , kept checking my email still it never came . Then last week I get this envelope with some type of contract they wanted me to sign which I did not .

They were trying to trick me I guess into an agreement. I called again today and stayed on line until someone came on and told her that I still had not received the Return Label yet. The customer service rep. was very rude and went on to ask was I cancelling?

I explained again that the item wasn't something I would use and she then said I would have to pay to return it and I told that wasn't what I was originally told and I WOULD NEED THE RETURN SHIPPING LABEL. Then she really got insulting even to the point I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone that knew more that she apparently did about customer service and she proceeded to keep raising her voice and saying the supervisor would tell me the same thing , I had to keep insisting she transfer me but of course no one came on and a message to leave my name & number and I would receive a call back . Didn't happen. She also said that the salesperson was in Florida and they were in Ct.

then I suggested she get hold of the representative because I know what I was told and questioned him several times about trying it out for 30 days and they had also charged my credit card which I was told would happen unless I decided to keep the product after 30 days .

They intentionally try to not respond to you so it's over the 30 day trial period so they can try and trick you into paying for it. This company try's to prey on Senior's !!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifewatch Usa Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: They send the return prepaid shipping label & full refund due to false informationprovided by their representative.

I didn't like: Being given false information to get you to try the product, Inconsiderate customer service personnel.

LifeWatch USA - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Everything is defective and the company does nothing to change it. If you wear this device you will lose your mind. If you work there you will get exhausted from high call volumes due to shortage of staff.

Resolved: LifeWatch USA - They lie

Resolved
3.6
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 21, 2017

contacted Lifewatch by email & by phone. was told a copy of police report would resolve the matter.

contacted Arlington (TX) PD & received instructions on how to retrieve report online.

forwarded a copy of that report to Lifewatch with cc: Erika, a patient advocate. 10 minutes later, received reply email that stated notation made to account & matter was now closed.

Update by user Sep 21, 2017

was told by Erika, a patient advocate, that in providing them with a copy of the police report, the issue has been resolved. question: why don't they put return information on device, in the event it is lost or stolen? last device I wore had hospital info on it for just that reason.

Original review posted by user Sep 21, 2017

my device required a cellular sending device (a cell phone). the first i received didn't work at all.

the second, an archaic AT&T device, was stolen off my belt. was told i had to report it stolen to PD or i'd be liable for cost of $299, and to call back after i filed report. i called PD immediately & they took my report. called Lifewatch back with info they required.

stated i had reservations about having another device sent out. they pushed & i finally relented. 3rd device also defective. upon notifying Lifewatch, i did inform them that any other problems would result in me returning the device & not having it replaced.

after constant error messages from 4th device, i returned it. when i received my bill, was concerned they billed for 30 days even tho device had been attached & monitored for less than 14. fast forward 2 months...Lifewatch has sent me a "FINAL NOTICE" stating they've tried unsucessfully to contact me re: return of device. uhm...no they haven't.

they are attempting to bill me $499 for missing monitor. i was told it would be $299 IF I didn't file a police report & that after i reported the device stolen & case # to them, i would not be charged that $299 (not $499). i didn't pay that much for my brand new unlocked LG G6 cellphone...CASH! my cardiologist said i had to use Lifewatch.

now my cardiologist won't even return my calls for a follow-up appt. my husband is currently wearing a monitor provided by another company. it's no bigger than a set of keys & saves onto internal flash drive. Lifewatch is NOT who you want to provide "service".

there are other heart monitor providers. insist on someone else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifewatch Usa Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Most of the customer care operators, Post-paid return mailers.

I didn't like: No company info on devices if lost, Some operators very rude, Overpriced cellular units if lost, Numerous defective devices, Inability to send data by other than cellular device.

LifeWatch USA - No way to reach customer service

Our phone line had a problem and thus no phone service on the line used for monitoring Lifewatch. The monitor system base called out "check the phone line" a few times.

No person was there to speak with with over the monitoring equipment. It was just a mechanical recording saying "check the phone line." Then the system base mechanical recording repeated several times "Calling for Help" I DID NOT REQUIRE ANY HELP AS THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PHONE LINE, NOT A MEDICAL PROBLEM. I tried to call the LifeWatch company to explain the situation by calling a phone number on our purchase paperwork and reached the sales division which informed me I needed to call Customer service. They then gave me the ONLY number for Customer Service that the sales division had.

Customer Service phone was answered by auto system saying dial it, if you know your party's extension-otherwise stay on the line.

Then it rings forever until finally the auto system says no one is available, leave message after the tone. After the tone, the auto system says mailbox full and one cannot leave a message!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lifewatch Usa Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Cannot reach a person in customer service.